Rome is full of treasures: art, history but also roman street food! Many visitors come to the capital to taste local specialties and even more so now that the street food trend has boomed.
Rhome Guesthouse knows the streets of the city by heart and has decided to reveal some of these secrets!
1. The best tiramisu in Rome – The famous tiramisu Pompi in Via Cola di Rienzo! You can’t miss it.
2. Fresh pasta take away – In Via della Croce, the Pastificio Guerra offers at lunch abundant homemade pasta dishes for just 4 Euros!
3. A special pizza – the white pizza with mortadella and the red “scroccarella” it’s a must-try of the Pizzarium, just a stroll from our guesthouse.
4. Typical dishes in the Testaccio area – If you are visiting the Testaccio area, the most alternative and genuine district in Rome, you have to try the trapizzino or the meatballs, for true food lovers!
5. The best Supplì – Supplizio’s gourmet Supplì in Via dei Banchi Vecchi will amaze you with their quality, their quantity and their incredible taste.
6. Fancy an ice cream? – If you are looking for a special ice-cream you must try the Gelateria Fatamorgana on Via Leone IV.
7. The king of pastry- After the first taste you will fall in love with the maritozzi with cream of the renowned Regoli bakery near the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore.
8. What about fish? – Dar Filettaro in Santa Barbara (Campo dei Fiori) is known to connoisseurs for the famous and exquisite fried cod fillets.
9. Taking the tart out for a walk – At the Forno Boccione, in the Jewish ghetto you can try the amazing ricotta & cherries tart.
10. Cool off in the hot summer nights – the freshest Grattachecca Romana is only in Sora Maria near the Vatican Museums.
11. After lunch pleasure – The excellent iced coffee with double cream at Caffè Tazza d’Oro behind the Pantheon is the icing on the cake after a slap-up lunch
12. The alternative aperitif – Freni e Frizioni is a little bar in the beautiful Piazza Trilussa in the Trastevere area where you can dine by a hearty buffet while sipping a cocktail.
13. The classic aperitif – At Salotto 42 in the beautiful Piazza di Pietra, or maybe even in one of the many bars and Vinerie that overlook Piazza Campo de Fiori you will live the real Roman nightlife. Bars open until late at night.
Your Next Home in Rome is Rhome Guesthouse! Open since April 2017, Rhome Guesthouse aims to provide the warmer accommodation in Rome. We’re set in Prati, just next to Vatican Museums. Come visit us!